Sometimes we suffer, but the Lord gives comfort. Thoughts for this morning after a long night of pain.
Job 33:19 He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong [pain]:
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
When Pain Shall End.
Though we suffer now for a time,
One day the Lord will take all that away.
Blessed are they that endure for a time,
In patience waiting for the glory to come.
We know that our life is such a short time,
Much of it is spent in the battle fray.
But God shall say, now it is time,
In bright glory His Son shall come.
The angel shall declare no more is time!
And my Lord shall say come away!
Bill Allen, June 23, 2015
1) God chose a people in Christ before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 1:4
2) He sent His Son to die for their sins John 10:11 and not for all of humanity. John 10:26
3) He sends His Spirit to regenerate His sons and give them faith. Galatians 4:6
4) Those for who Christ died will live in glory with God Romans. 8:30-39
5) Man is incapable of doing anything to obtain eternal life. Matthew 19:26
6) Salvation is not by works of righteousness which we have done. Titus 3:5
7) Salvation is by Christ’s obedience Romans 5:19 not ours. 2 Timothy 1:9
8) Salvation is by Christ’s mediation 1 Timothy 2:5 not ours. 2 Corinthians 3:5
9) Faith is a fruit of salvation Galatians 5:22 not a prerequisite. Psalm 10:4
10) Faith is an evidence of salvation Hebrews 11:1 not a condition. Romans 3:10-18
11) Faith is a provision of the covenant Philippians 1:29 not a condition of the covenant. Hebrews 11:6
12) A man must be born again in order to hear the gospel John 8:47 and to understand it. John 8:43
13) A man must be born again in order to believe the gospel. 1 Corinthians 2:11
14) Men believe because they have eternal life 1 John 5:1 not in order to obtain eternal life. John 5:24
15) Salvation is of the Lord. Jonah 2:9